Thursday, September 19, 2013

TTS Connection for the Week of 9/25-10/2

We've been making connections with our reading and our lives!

Good readers think while they read.  They notice when characters in the text experience things that they have also experienced.  They notice the way a character is feeling and may relate.  When a character in the book is visiting a place that the reader has been before, it's easy for that reader to get a good idea of what's going on in the story.  
Sometime this week, (9/25-10/2), please practice this skill as you read for 20 minutes of nightly homework.   Then, in the comment section write and tell me the title of the book you read. 
Also, let me and your friends know what connection you made while you were reading.
You can use these sentence stems to help you...That reminds me of…
That made me think of the time…I can relate….


I've gone ahead and shared mine with you as an example.

10 comments:

  1. hi it is claire i hope u like having me in ur class because if i was a teacher and u were a studant i would want to have u in my class!!!!!!! I love having u as my ss teacher i could not think of any one better
    Love,CLAIRE!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi it is stefan i want to do a PLAY DURING LITERACY STATIONS that would be fun bye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, its Sean Rodriguez saying hi!! Your the best teacher ever. ARe you excited about Christmas? I bet you are! HAVE A GOOD DAy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today at school we talked about drama\plays. We are learning about
    this because we have a test tommarow about plays. So when we were at stations today we had a sheet of paper in front of us and we had to tell them abot it. I chose sean.
    The blogger,
    Hannah H.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi it's me con i'm just saying hi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mrs Ford! This is Sarah H.
    I am SO glad your my teacher! I think you should have a break for all that hard work! I love the way you teach to me! I hope you have a REALLY great christmas. BUT don't forget the real meaning of christmas! ( not santa) I love you so much
    With (the real) christmas love,
    Sarah H.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today we learned about plays\dramas so that tommorow when we have our benchmark we will know these things so that we can get a 100 and be even more smart than we are now. : ) : ) : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. yo, what's up guys.mine craft is the best!!!!!! I'm a chatter, well not really.
    yesterday night my elf on the shelf just appeared, and my sister was exited including me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite animal is a wolf. What is yours? I loved learning about land forms. Love, Tia S.

    ReplyDelete